- 4 Eggs
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 Tblsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tblsp baking powder
- 1 cup of corn Flour
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender combine milk, sugar, eggs, butter, coconut, and cheese and blend until well mixed.
- In a bowl combine all purpose flour, corn flour, and baking powder
- Slowly pour the liquid from from the blender into the bowl while mixing with a whisk
- Once everything looks combined pour the mixture into a large casserole dish
- Cook for approximately 35 minutes or until you can stick the center with a fork and it comes out clean.
Our friend Ketty Gonzaga Pereira sent us this recipe! Thanks Ketty! I sometimes add more cheese to it but there's no need! It's basically perfect and very fulfilling! We have made it quite a few times in the past 2 months ever since she told us about it. I grew up not liking this kind of cake or custard but the creaminess of it is out of this world! YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!! It's a guaranteed family pleaser! It's sweet and can be had as a snack in the afternoon or late night! I will probably bake this for a long time to come! I suggest using a very fine corn flour! We buy ours at Brazilian grocery stores around town. It's called "fubá".