- 6 to 8 Chicken Legs (large and meaty)
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup White Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 large Garlic cloves
- 1 12oz Can or Bottle of Budweiser Beer
- Thick Bacon
- Large Zip Lock Bag
- Place the chicken legs inside the zip lock bag
- Pour salt and black pepper liberally into the bag. Don't worry about it landing on all the pieces. Just put it in there. About 1 tsp of each but use your best judgement
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar into the bag
- Press the bag to remove the air inside and zip lock it well. Once it is secure start pressing the bag from the outside as to mix all the ingredients inside. Make sure every piece gets covered with the marinade you just created. Be careful not to turn the bag up side down so you don't drop chicken legs all over the kitchen in case the zip lock malfunctions.
- Carefully lay the bag in the refrigerator so that the pieces are all side by side as opposed to on top of each other. You want all the pieces to be in the marinade while in the fridge. Keep it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I like to prepare mine in the morning and leave it marinading for at least 6 hours or until I cook it in the evening. The longer it marinades the tastier it'll be.
- Remove the chicken legs with a tong and place them on a baking pan large enough to hold all your pieces. Wrap on bacon strip around each leg and lay them down with enough space between them to assure proper baking. Pour the remaining marinade all over the chicken.
- Open up your "Bud" and pour it all over filling up the pan.
- Bake on 350 for 2 hours. The chicken will bake while swimming in beer!
This was simply amazing! I've heard about people using beer to bake meat but I had never tried it! I will make this ALL THE TIME!!! It was simply incredible! In regards to the measurements just use your best judgement. I don't measure anything when I'm cooking. The more you cook you develop an idea of how much salt and pepper you should use. Make it tonight or this weekend and your loved ones will really appreciate you!
Thank you for sharing :)