- Chicken Wings (about 24)
- 2 Cups Butter Milk
- Red Devil Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large bowl season all the chicken wings (split) with salt, pepper, and paprika then pour a good amount of the Red Devil hot sauce all over the wings. Rub everything together with your hands and let it sit marinading for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the buttermilk in a separate bowl and the self rising flour in a different bowl.
- Preheat frying oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer at 375 degrees (Medium High)
- Dip each wing in the buttermilk and then on the self rising flour.
- Once the oil is hot enough fry the wings in batches. Don't over crowd the pan. I did it in two batches of 12 in a large pan with room around each wing. Fry for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove the wings and let them rest so the oil drips on a rack or over paper towel. This will help keep them crispy when you bite them!
- Serve with your favorite side. I served mine with roasted garlic potatoes.
I have had a guest from Brazil over our house for a few weeks. He loves the way Americans make fried chicken! He kept asking to go to KFC lol. I had never made fried chicken but was not about to take a guest to KFC! I decided to try making my own fried chicken! It paid off... My guest, Eduardo Gigo, loved it! We ate tons of it! Don't be afraid of seasoning the chicken. The buttermilk will soften the chicken and the taste somewhat so seasoning it heavily is not a problem. Have fun making it and enjoy!!!
Thank you for sharing :)