Monday, September 27, 2010

Take Me Home Fun Bake

Ingredients (dough)


  • 14 Tbls of all purpose flour
  • 6 Tbls of parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbls of baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste 


Ingredients (topping)

  • 2 cans of sardines
  • 2 cups of tomato puree 
  • 1 cup of corn


Preparation


  1. Blend all ingredients for the dough in a blender and then pour liquid into a medium size buttered casserole
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  3. In a medium frying pan sautee sardines, tomatoes, and corn.  Salt and pepper to taste
  4. Pour sardine sauce over the liquid dough kinda like as a pizza topping
  5. Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm.  Add some shredded cheddar cheese when there's only 5 minutes to go in the baking time! 

Experience


I usually make this baked dish whenever I have some ingredients laying around in the pantry that I haven't used in a while.  If you don't like sardines don't use it!  Treat it like a pizza!  Put whatever topping dry or wet that you wish on it.  I have made this with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms,  chicken, olives, etc...  I usually like to make a wet sauce on the stove top before hand. I still want to try it with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, and kalamata olives! Enjoy making it and I'm sure your family will love it!  By the way, my mom has been making this ever since I can remember!  She always used sardines so it's kinda like a home feeling when I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment