Friday, January 15, 2010

Fresh Mozzarela


What a long day!  I did not feel like cooking today so we settled for homemade subs!  I got some really good prosciutto at BJ's along with some fresh mozzarella!  YES!  I found it!  I slapped some mayo on French bread, laid down my meat and cheese, covered them nicely with green leaf lettuce and vine tomatoes, and coated them with olive oil and vinegar.  A little salt and pepper and dinner was served!  It tasted pretty good!  What I really wanted was good Italian bread but I just didn't have a chance to pick some up today.  Oh, and yes, I did eat that whole sandwich! It was way better than your regular $5 foot long! lol

If anyone has an idea for a dish for me to try to make please comment!  I'd love to try something new and challenging.  I will soon have a gallery of the dishes I've prepared up on the blog.  

I must now go to sleep and prepare for an early morning 3 mile run and a zumba class at 10:30am.  Mirella is going with me on this one so it should be a lot of fun! 
I'm hoping to just go out for dinner tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. the only change I'd make is to get rid of the mayo. You don't really need it. olive oil and balsamic would give you enough flavor without the added fat, and prosciutto has plenty of that as well as the mozz... And yes, that is a million times better than any foot long sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete