Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick and Easy Steak

I got home from the gym this morning pretty much starving and in total need of protein!  I totally had way more than what the pretty plate shows but that's not important right now.  I'm pretty amazed at how quickly this meal came together!  It does help that I have an awesome yellow rice that's already seasoned.  I have mentioned it before that I buy it at BJ's.  Whenever I cook a paella I make my own yellow rice but for quick meals like this the BJ's version is perfect!  I boiled some water and then poured the rice in with a spoon of butter.  This whole thing took 20 minutes!  While the rice was cooking I had Jr, my brother-in-law, go outside and start grilling the steak with just some kosher salt and pepper.  Skirt steak is extremely flavorful but you have to have chimichurri with it!  It's the way Argentinians do it and in my opinion they do it just right!!!  In a small food processor I combined a lime, some cilantro, 3 cloves of garlic, and lots of extra virgin olive oil!  Once I had the consistency I was looking for I seasoned it with some salt and pepper!  The rest was easy!!!  EAT!  I put some down on the plate and laid my steak over it.  Served the rice on the side and ate like there was no tomorrow!  Protein gives you a quicker muscle recovery and let's just say I needed it for lunch today after a very hard Body Pump class!  Look for skirt steak where you shop!  Calculate about half a pound per person. For two hungry dudes make it 3/4 pound!  Try this and you'll love it!  Remember, Season Your Food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment