Thursday, February 16, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 10


Day 10!  Unbelievable especially if you know me well!  I felt great in the morning and looked forward to my last day on just juice.   I had a honeydew melon waiting for me since Saturday so I decided to make a melon juice and serve it margarita style!  It was cold, refreshing, healthy, and tasty!  The salt on the rim just made it even better!  A perfect toast to celebrate something I'm very proud of.   Only God could have given me strength of mind to complete this fast and for that I'm thankful.



I pretty much stayed busy throughout the day so I took advantage of a Naked Mighty Mango juice I had in the fridge.  I knew I wasn't going to have too much time to juice so the convenience was welcomed.   One of my biggest challenges has always been controlling my eating during and after circumstantial changes and on my final fast day I was challenged like no other day.

Since New Year's Eve my wife and I have known that this would be a major decisive year in our lives. We have lots of pending things going on that in certain ways inhibit us from doing what we want to do.   This along with other simple things like a car needing repair, losing a student, gaining a student, getting a promotion, getting a race medal, and other normal life events has always made me over eat.   My body just screamed for unhealthy food and my mind rationalized it.   Not last night!  There are certain important decisions we have to make that will impact our lives.  The same normal stuff that usually drive me to over eat unhealthy food.  Last night, however, I didn't have that desire.  I chose the healthy option in a situation my body just ten days ago would've begged and cried for saturated fat!  This is the reason my fast was a success.

In order for me to keep on succeeding I have to stay focused and continue creating good eating habits.  The fact that I lost 16 pounds in 10 days (yeah, that's right... 16 POUNDS... incredible! 231 to 215 in TEN DAYS) is not the main point.  It's simply a good side effect of where my mind is right now.  I will eat fruits and vegetables for a couple of days.  Planning on having a hot and sour soup from the Chinese restaurant.  It's all veggies and really good!  I'll most likely eat animal protein, dairy, and grains on the weekend.  This should give my body time to readjust to solid food.  

I have some video footage of my ten days that I'll put together on a single video soon.  Thank you again for keeping up with this adventure and feel free to share my blog.  I have some exciting new ideas for it and in regards to juicing!   

I got home very late last night so I'm writing day 10 on day "11".  I'll still make one juice today but as for now I'm just gonna enjoy EATING my apple :)


1 comment: