Sunday, February 12, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 6 and 7 The Weekend


I knew the weekend would be tough but I could have done a better job with my juice choices.  Note to self:  Don't randomly juice fruits and veggies and if the juice is brown don't drink.  Chances are it's no good!  Saturday morning started off well with a strawberry and kiwi juice that held me over through an early piano lesson and a trip to the Farmer's Market.  It was all down hill from there.  


Once I got home around 11am I decided to make two two pint servings of two different juices.  I had gotten some oranges so I tried getting creative.  It turns out that oranges are best left alone unless mixed with pineapple juice as I did this evening.  The other concoction I made was a huge mistake to say the least!  Amazingly enough and much to my detriment I drank it all! Brown juice can't be good!  Summer looked at my kale cabbage spinach carrot orange apple cucumber ginger brown juice and almost puked! I was disgusted by it also but I gulped it down as fast as I could.  I didn't feel too good the rest of the day.  For the first time during my fast I kept going to the bathroom frequently and felt tired, hungry, and bored.  Boy was I bored!  Food being out of the equation is a tough thing to deal with! 



Towards the evening I got very hungry so I made a carrot beet and apple juice.  This juice is more fulfilling than just fruit drinks and even though it's veggies it still tastes good and sweet.  Later on I found out that the whole day was a mistake.  Holding everything in was tough and we had somewhat of an accident... oops lol  I'd later on find out that kiwi is a laxative especially if you haven't had any in a while.  I had 4 in the morning and then I had lots of cabbage in my other juice.  Another note to self:  Find out what fruits and veggies make you go before juicing a lot of them together. This combination was lethal!   Needless to say I'm staying away from mixing all those veggies again :)  






Sunday has been a much better day!  Thank God!  I decided to make it a fruit day and it has worked out great!  Apple berry juice in the morning and pineapple orange juice in the evening.  For lunch and throughout the afternoon I drank Naked juice that I got from Publix on the way home.  Totally recommend it and plan on buying some for snacks and for days I won't have time to juice.  



I'm glad the weekend is finally coming to an end.  I have been able to sit through the Grammy's on just seltzer water and hot herbal tea with honey.  Honey!  I've never looked so forward to it my whole life!  I'm also beginning to understand the world of juicing a lot better.  My previous worries about creating a balanced program into my diet is no longer an issue.  I'm beginning to narrow things down in a simple and easy way.  From what I see I just need green juice, carrot juice, and beet juice.  There are other juices but they can be made less frequently and most fruits are better off being eaten anyway. Especially instead of processed snacks.  Easier said than done but that was one of the points of my fast.  Shocking my body to stop craving processed food all the time and to increase my wanting of fruits and vegetables. 

I know more about juicing today than I did a week ago.  In the end, cooking and juicing is a very personal thing. We each have to find what works for us.  I'm going to start focusing on how I can make simple changes to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle that includes the benefits of juicing. 

Starting the homestretch tomorrow! Day 7 is coming to an end but more importantly... I survived the weekend :)  Thanks for keeping up with me! 


1 comment: