Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 9

1/2 pineapple, 4 leaves kale, 3 celery stalks, 1 orange, 3 apples, 1 lime

Felt great throughout the whole day today!  Whenever I got hungry I took a few sips of juice and the hunger went away.  I can totally see how 60 days of fasting is doable now.  After a certain point you just get used to it.  Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of going beyond ten days but it's no longer a scary thought.  

I'm amazed at how easy it has been to deny solid food... I mean good solid food like pizza and sushi!  For Valentine's Day we "ate" at a Japanese restaurant.  Mirella, my pretty and expecting wife, had some sushi (cooked) and I made a quick stop at the Publix across the street for some Naked Mighty Mango juice and some Açaí juice!  It was like I was giving myself a treat... lol  I was able to watch her eat and in a very determined manner I had no desire to take a bite. 



Dinner time brought upon me another challenge... PIZZA!  I had just gotten home from teaching guitar and was opening the fridge to grab my mason jar of pineapple green juice when I saw my girls walking in with a pizza!  It smelled great, but again, no desire to eat it.  Once my fast is over after tomorrow I'm sure it'll be a different story but the power to resist is in me.  Will power is an amazing human capacity!  So much of what we eat and how much we eat has to do with our state of mind!  I'm glad I have this blogged for future reference.  It's not easy to control what we eat but it's doable.  A lot of it is also my body beginning to crave healthier things in a way it never did before.  The two go hand in hand!  Mind and body working together to create a balanced diet.  

I can already see the light and wish today was day ten... it's not!  Summer, my five year old, reminded me this evening that I'm still on day nine after I acted like I had conquered something... lol Nothing like your five year old kid calling you out and setting you straight.  She was right!  I need to focus and finish strong!  Lot's of juicing left for tomorrow.  

Thursday will be my first day eating solid food... I'll have to stick to fruits and veggies for a day or two so I'll need to get creative with what I eat.  

Thank you so much for reading my blog!  Soon I'll be posting lots of food and juice recipes as well as introducing some new kinds of posts!  Feel free to share it :)

2 comments: